The Compression Sock Performance
The Compression Sock Performance sports stocking is specially designed to meet the needs of endurance athletes. The noticeable compression it exerts improves circulation in the legs, reduces muscle vibrations and speeds up recovery. Its light, breathable material feels comfortable on the skin. This makes it the ideal support over long distances, when running or cycling for example.
- Improves circulation
- Speeds up recovery
- Light and breathable thanks to microfiber
More energy over long distances
- The sports stocking’s pressure profile is based on medical standards: the continuous compression decreases from ankle to calf. This stimulates the circulation in the legs, reduces tiring muscle vibrations and helps to counterbalance the stress exerted during sporting activities. Better support is provided for muscles over long distances, so they can continue to perform for longer.
- The positive impact on circulation and the muscles protects the vein system when it is under persistent stress, which in turn promotes a quicker recovery. Endurance athletes benefit from this in particular. This was highlighted by a medical study* conducted on the 2011 Paris Marathon using the previous model VenoTrain sport, which is identical to the Compression Sock Performance in terms of compression strength and profile. The participants reported less muscle pain, a reduced feeling of swelling and much better muscle recovery in the first four days after the race. Their calf veins had not dilated during the race in spite of the increased strain.
- * Allaert F.A. et al, Auswirkungen einer elastischen Kompression der französischen Kompressionsklasse II (18-21 mmHg) auf die muskuläre Belastungsanpassung und die Erholung von Marathonläufern [Effects of elastic compression in French compression class II (18-21 mmHg) on the adaptation of muscular stress and on the recovery of marathon runners], Phlébologie 2011, Vol. 64, Number 4.
Functional for sport
- The knit made of fine, breathable microfiber provides comfortable micro-conditions for the skin. It can regulate heat and channels moisture away from the skin. This has a twofold benefit during sporting activities. In addition, the microfiber makes the Compression Sock Performance particularly light, yet still hard-wearing. The stocking’s sole and instep section offer comfortable padding, a cut-out in the heel cushion protects the Achilles tendon from pressure and friction.